Translations

Saturday, February 16, 2008

I'm Back! (I Think.) (published 2-16-2008)

Well, after a long hiatus, I'm back – I think. (By the way, "hiatus," from the Latin "hiare," means "to yawn." My almost year and a half break was definitely not a yawn!)

Well, as you can see from the photo, I've been on a long trek through the mountains, hiking the Appalachian Trail from north to south and back again. Okay, okay, I'm dreaming!

Actually, the practical hectic nature of life called, and I had to answer. From late 2006, I endured a career transition – from the adequately lucrative, but unfulfilling, life of insurance sales to the more fulfilling but chaotic and stressful world of a non-profit position. I also endured the illness of my mother-in-law. Sadly, I endured the multiple hospitalizations, ER trips, and final passing of my father.

Yes, 2007 was, and early 2008 has been, a roller coaster ride, not a walk along the trail! (I despise roller coasters!)

Now, I'm back. I will endeavor, with greater diligence, to post away my life story, for any and all, if anyone is out there, to read. Let's see where we go. Read on!


1 comment:

Bro. Byron said...

Well howdy! I had done dropped you from my blogroll thinking you were gone for good. I'll add you back post haste! Sorry to hear about the misfortunes. Hope to read some more from you soon.